Website AFR Consulting
This privately owned group of companies provides equipment and services to a range of customers across the UK. Due to retirement they are now looking to appoint a Company Accountant to oversee the day to day finance needs of the business. This will be a varied role requiring flexibility and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team, reporting to the Directors, liaising with customers and suppliers, and when necessary banks and other advisers. This is an important position within the business, required a well rounded individual familiar with the breadth of finance tasks associated with a growing SME. The main duties will include:
- Liaising with senior managers monitoring KPI’s and business performance
- Driving cost reduction activities and analysing variance against budget
- Preparation of sales invoices & processing purchase invoices
- Bank reconciliations and book-keeping
- Managing petty cash, expenses and credit control activities
- Manage timesheets and liaise with out-sourced payroll
- Using SAGE 50 to manage accounting transactions
- Manage the month end and produce accounts to trial balance
- Support the part-time Finance Director with tax and statutory accounts
This position would suit someone who enjoys being pro-active and can seek out areas for improvement and implement solutions. As the business continues to grow you will be responsible for ensuring the systems and processes are fit for purpose and accounting tasks continue to be performed accurately and on a timely basis.
Previous experience of working in a small accounts office will be essential for this opportunity, an AAT qualification would be desirable but not essential. A self-motivated and friendly individual with good communication skills will be important for this role as you will be liaising with a wide range of public and private sector clients.