Website AFR Consulting
This rapidly growing company is part of a wider group supplying products and services to customers across the UK. On the back of continued investment they have grown steadily to become a leading player in their markets and have a reputation for quality and innovation. They are now looking to strengthen the finance department by appointing an experienced Finance Business Partner who can put structure and controls in place and help optimise their recently introduced ERP system.
This will be a highly visible role, reporting to the FD and liaising with the rest of the senior leadership team. A strong skillset as a finance business partner will be necessary as you will work closely with all departments building relationships, making improvements in the timeliness and accuracy of data whilst also creating reports that help drive performance and operational insight. This will be a challenging role suited to someone with a positive mentality who would enjoy trouble shooting and delivering solutions in a fast moving environment. Key responsibilities will be:
- Producing the monthly management accounts and KPI reports
- Preparing reports for stakeholders at site and group level
- Owning the month-end close process, ensuring deadlines are met
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Managing inter-company recharges and procedures
- Developing budgets and improving forecasts
- Reporting on performance and variance analysis
- Liaising with commercial department on pricing, margins etc.
- Reporting on stock, valuations and provisions
- Leading the year-end audit and liaising with external parties
A key aspect of this role will involve working with large quantities of data, ensuring the integrity of the new system and then developing meaningful reports. Strong Excel skills are a must and you should be comfortable working with ERP systems. The ideal candidate must be a confident communicator, able to operate in a fast moving environment, manage projects and present information credibly at a high level. Applicants must preferably be CIMA or ACCA qualified and able to demonstrate a strong background in a management accountant or Finance Business Partner type role.