Website AFR Consulting
This privately owned company provides products to the UK retail market and has grown steadily over the last few years due to continued success. Currently supported by a part time Finance Director and a small in-house finance team they have now identified the need for a full time Financial Controller to join the company. This role will be responsible for the finance and admin side of the business and will provide the part-time FD with the opportunity to reduce their involvement over time.
The role would suit someone with a flexible approach who would enjoy getting out into a business, working closely with operational and production staff creating and implementing new systems to monitor and improve efficiency, eliminate manual processes/data entry and simplify reporting processes. The key responsibilities will be:
• Day to day management of all aspects of the finance and admin office
• Monitoring and reporting on P&L and cashflow
• Budgeting and cashflow forecasting
• Reporting on sales and margins, monitoring profitability
• Liaising with managers to set up, implement and manage KPI reporting
• Developing the monthly management accounts pack
• Reviewing and reporting on daily, weekly and monthly costings
• Analysing product lines, yield rates, overheads & labour utilisation
• Preparing year end accounts and audit liaison
• Assisting with payroll during busy periods
• Ensuring compliance and controls are in place
• Providing support to general HR, IT and H&S matters
A key part of this role will involve ensuring processes are in place for capturing data and a real time analysis of KPIs, in particular operational performance, sales, material costs and cash flow. The Financial Controller will have regular interaction with Directors, senior managers and other stakeholders within the business.
To be successful in this role you must be well organised and adaptable with experience of SAGE along with strong Excel and analytical skills. The ideal candidate should have the tenacity and sense of humour required to operate as part of a small team in a busy environment, lending a hand in other areas when necessary to provide support. This role would suit an experienced Company Accountant / Finance Manager or Management Accountant looking for a long term, stable position in a friendly, well-established business.