Audit Senior job description
The Audit Senior is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
The Audit Senior will carry out research and reviews and make any necessary recommendations to change policies, implement new systems or even change employee roles and team structures.
Sometime working with an Audit Assistant, Audit Manager or Internal Auditor, the role of Audit Senior will work directly with the Finance Director and company directors.
The work of an Audit Senior ultimately helps companies fulfil their obligations to international and government compliance.
Audit Senior role, duties and responsibilities
An Audit Senior will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Identify risk matters and present
- Produce reports highlighting issues and providing potential solutions
- Active engagement with senior staff to gain a good understanding of the business
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
Typical qualities of a successful Audit Senior include:
- Working knowledge of UK GAAP and International Auditing Standards (UK and Ireland)
- Experience of leading, supervising and coaching members of staff
- Delivering results and meeting client expectations
- Planning and organising
- Analysing and presenting recommendations