Here at AFR Consulting, we recruit the very best Finance Directors fill contract, temporary or permanent vacancies across Central and East Lancashire, South Lakes, Greater Manchester and Cheshire.
We have a proven track record within the business community for successfully sourcing highly talented and experienced candidates to meet your requirements. If you are looking for senior level staff, we have the knowledge and the wherewithal to find you the right Finance Director for your business.
As a dedicated financial recruitment agency, our specialist team is able to source and recruit across commerce and industry, public sector and not for profit organisations. So, if you are searching for a top flight Finance Director to help your business grow, make us you preferred supplier.
What Skills Will A Finance Director Bring To Your Business?
Every vacancy that is registered with AFR Consulting will have bespoke job description drawn up, specifically tailored to suit your needs. We will factor in external influences like whether your business is domestic or international, and the roles and responsibilities will be shaped around your existing finance structure.
The generic skills and responsibilities of a Finance Director, will include, but not be limited to some of the following duties:
- Work alongside the Managing Director as well as other Senior Executive and Non Executive Board members
- Be on board to provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy
- Take control of the company’s existing accounting function or implement updated systems where necessary
- Contribute fully to development strategies across all areas of the business
- Providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans and targets
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust and compliant enough to support future growth
- Offer leadership and development opportunities to all members of the finance teams
- Provide corporate budgeting processes, and ensure that they are carried out in full and regularly reviewed
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies
- Present annual accounts to investors
- Ensure that any regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- On a daily basis they will manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors
A Finance Director must be an exceptional accountant, with highly developed interpersonal skills.
What Personal Attributes Should A Finance Director Display?
The right candidate for your Finance Director vacancy will also need to display the following attributes in order to succeed:
- Must be a fully qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Must be commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Must have excellent communication skills at all levels
- Must have strong IT skills and have an interest in new technologies
- Will need the ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- Must have high levels of integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
Whatever the size of your business, we can help you to find the highest calibre Finance Director to steer your business from the front.
If you are looking for Finance Director positions in Lancashire, Cheshire & Greater Manchester or a company looking to hire then please get in touch with us on 01254 311133.