Below is a typical job description for a Finance Manager which we hope you find useful. If you need any assistance with recruiting a Finance Manager in Lancashire or North Manchester we would love to hear from you.
A Finance Manager is responsible for the day to day financial management of a company, organisation or division / profit centre of a larger business. Typically the role will report into a Finance Director of a medium to large business or Managing Director of a small business.
- Management of the finance function and finance team to ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements are met
- Preparation of monthly management account pack, weekly cash flows, forecasting and annual budgets to the defined timescales
- Undertaking and managing the Balance Sheet reconciliation process
- Timely production of statutory accounts and contact with auditors
- VAT return preparation and HMRC / compliance matters
- Supporting AP, AR and payroll
Typical qualities of a successful Finance Manager include:
- An ability manage a team of accounts staff
- Prioritize and manage reporting deadlines
- Liaising confidently with different departments
- At least 5+ years of experience in a finance role