The role of Financial Accountant is to prepare financial reports in order to assess the financial performance of the business. The Financial Accountant will also be responsible for implementing financial controls and processes and ensuring the business remains compliant.
Sample Financial Accountant job description
- Manage the statutory accounts production and compliance processes ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines.
- Manage the year end audit and main contact point for the external auditors
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Manage the tax compliance processes (for corporation tax, VAT, PAYE & NIC) ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines, including liaison with advisors
- Manage and develop finance processes to ensure that robust controls are in place in line with the requirements of the business
- Responsibility for group’s treasury management and foreign currency
- Manage the group's cash transactions and reconciliations within a robust control framework
- Manage the cash forecasting process to ensure that cash is actively managed
- Manage the group's fixed asset registers and ensure that all capital expenditure is authorised
- Company secretarial duties
Typical qualities of a successful Financial Accountant include:
- An eye for detail and accuracy, highly numerate and able to work to deadlines
- Relevant Accounting qualification, typically ACCA / ACA
- Technically strong with knowledge of UK or US GAAP, IFRS etc.