Commercial Management Accountant, PrestonJob description:
This private equity backed sales and distribution business is currently enjoying a period of growth under the stewardship of a dynamic senior management team. Trading through a number of subsidiaries this business has various routes to market including retail, wholesale and a rapidly developing e-commerce offering. They have an established customer base throughout the UK and are also experiencing strong international growth in APAC and EMEA markets resulting in performance above market projections.
They are now looking to add some extra firepower to the finance department by recruiting an experienced Commercial Management Accountant to oversee the production of monthly management accounts and provide more insight into sales, margins and stock. This will be a value-add role where you will have the opportunity to work closely with key department leaders across the company and the position would suit someone who can thrive in a growth and change environment. Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Delivering the monthly management accounts for the main trading business
- Financial reporting on international subsidiaries
- Preparation of month end commercial reporting pack and KPI’s
- Analysis and valuation of stock, ensuring accurate provision against forecast
- Business partnering with sales and marketing to explain movements
- Reporting on costs and overheads, sales and margin analysis
- Supporting the Group FC in budget preparation
- Variance analysis to budget (forecasted and actual)
- Project work to drive profitability and efficiency
- Balance sheet reconciliations
This Commercial Management Accountant position has been ear-marked as part of the succession plan and therefore requires an individual who can demonstrate the attitude and technical ability to be progressed upwards within the finance team. The business is evolving under the PE investors who are driving growth so there is a constant need to for process improvement and operational efficiency enhancement, you must therefore be a confident communicator able to challenge the status quo and empower your colleagues to embrace best practice. Due to the nature of this role the ideal candidate must be part or fully CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified with previous experience of fast moving stock in a wholesale / retail distribution environment.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!