Cost Accountant, LancasterJob description:
This manufacturing business is a recognised innovator, designing products and delivering solutions to customers all over the world. They currently have a new role available for a Cost Accountant which will report directly into the Financial Controller and have significant interaction with the manufacturing and planning teams. The ideal candidate for this role must preferably have some manufacturing, management and cost accounting experience matched with excellent IT and problem solving skills. The main duties of this role will be:
- Maintaining product cost structures and producing meaningful cost variance analysis.
- Developing and maintaining rolling stock forecasts and identifying variances.
- Developing and producing labour productivity reports, analysing and identifying key variances.
- Preparing monthly stock and Cost of Sales data, recording month-end inventory cut-off tests.
- Updating standard costs for materials, labour and overheads, analysing variances between actual and standard cost.
- Attend Engineering Change meetings and preparation of financial impact for change requests.
- Assisting with analysis of Contribution Margin against customer quotation, tracking movements and reconciling back to original business case.
- Assisting with reporting of the financial performance of Continuous Improvement projects
- Preparation of monthly management report in conjunction with FC
- Production and analysis of machine and operator efficiency in conjunction with the Production manager
- Production of sales reports to support the business development teams
This role would be a great opportunity for someone with a genuine passion for manufacturing who wants to play a key part in generating a deeper understanding of what drives profitability in this business. Attitude, willingness to learn and an ability to get on with people at all levels will be key factors in making this role a success so if you have got some accounts experience and love manufacturing please consider applying as training and study support can be provided.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!