Credit Manager, ChorleyJob description:
This privately owned company is one of Lancashire’s true success stories, boasting consistent year on year growth and an excellent reputation within their sector. An impending retirement for a long standing member of staff has created the requirement for a Credit Manager to join the business. This will be a senior and vital role within the organisation and will be based at their head office whilst also supporting regional offices across the UK. The successful candidate will manage a team of 4 Credit Controllers to ensure efficient billing and collection of all income streams. Duties and responsibilities will be:
- The reconciliation and raising of periodic invoices
- Processing of customer changes
- Daily bank reconciliations including ledger posting and accurate allocations
- Processing daily direct debit collections
- Daily credit control by telephone, letter and email
- Liaison with external collection agents, i.e. solicitors, bailiffs and attending court if required
- Implementation and monitoring of payment plans
- Debt reporting to Regional Managers and Director
- Implementation of the new finance system within the credit control department
- Documentation and development of new processes with go live expected in April this year
- Ad hoc tasks within the credit control department
The role is to be filled as soon as possible to maximise the crossover with the current Credit Manager. Suitable applicants must be able to demonstrate a successful career to date with at least 3 years of experience in a Credit Management position, preferably gained in a medium to large company. You will have overall responsibility of in excess of 2000 accounts that generate over £30m per annum and should therefore possess the organisational and management skills to operate effectively in a high volume processing environment.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!