Dealership Accountant, PrestonJob description:
This successful family owned company operates in the motor retail sector. Recent growth and the acquisition of a retail accessories business has created a requirement to recruit an experienced Finance Manager / Dealership Accountant with experience of working in the motor trade. The management team is looking to grow the company and central to this is the need to improve and modernise the finance department to help drive performance and support decision making.
As Dealership Accountant you will report to the Managing Director and oversee a team of 2 staff. Duties will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Develop KPIs and design monthly reports
- Produce budgets and forecasts
- Sales and profitability analysis
- Monitoring performance and variances
- Manage working capital and control cashflow
- Liaise with external finance companies and bank
- Preparation of year end accounts and audit liaison
- VAT, Taxation, Payroll / PAYE, Insurances etc.
This Dealership Accountant position will manage and develop a small finance team who control and record a high volume of transactions over two sites. You will also work closely with senior management and sales staff on commercial and operational issues and should be comfortable explaining financial concepts to colleagues at all levels. A key part of this role will be implementing efficiencies and improvements in accounting practices so the ability to drive change is essential. The ideal candidate would be an experienced accountant with retail experience preferably gained from the motor trade.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!