Website AFR Consulting
This hugely successful business has grown steadily via strategic acquisition and is now a market leader on target for £150m turnover. Designing and manufacturing a wide range of products and distributing through a network of outlets they are a brand of choice for customers, recognised for their quality, innovation and excellent service.
A recent internal promotion has created a new requirement for a Finance Business Partner to strengthen the finance team. The FD is keen to appoint someone who is pro-active and eager to create and utilise financial information that can really drive performance and support decision making.
The role will be wide ranging, offering exposure to their manufacturing plants, distribution network and rapidly growing e-commerce offering. They operate multiple IT systems including a fully integrated ERP system and other bespoke packages across the different sites so there is plenty to get your teeth into!
Based at their Blackburn head office you will play a lead role in ensuring the production and review of the management accounts, supporting the group finance department preparing consolidated financial information for their network of sites across the UK and support other teams providing information to assist decision making. The main responsibilities will be:
- Producing the management accounts for the manufacturing divisions
- Preparing or reviewing management accounts for other business units
- Developing MI around their e-commerce business
- General month end duties, accruals and prepayments etc
- Reviewing P&L’s and providing commentary and insight
- Sales & margin analysis, cost variance reporting
- Full balance sheet reconciliation with supporting papers
- Stock reconciliation and valuation
- Assisting with business unit planning and forecasting
- Business partnering budget holders
- Supporting the annual audit and statutory accounts preparation
- Recording intercompany transactions and transfer pricing details
- Mentoring and developing other team members
The business has recently been through an ERP system implementation so there is still plenty of room for improving reporting and processes to increase accuracy and timeliness of financial information. Previous experience of working with and improving both financial and operational systems would therefore be highly beneficial, along with supporting the integration of new systems. Despite their size the company is still privately owned and has retained a family/SME culture, they are very entrepreneurial and the ideal candidate for this Finance Business Partner / Management Accountant position would able to react quickly to challenges, meet deadlines and communicate confidently with stakeholders at all levels. Suitable applicants for this position must be CIMA / ACCA qualified with previous experience in a Management Accountant type role and an appetite to add value in a dynamic company.