Finance Manager, BoltonJob description:
This rapidly growing business supplies specialist services to companies across a range of sectors and is led by a highly ambitious management team. An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Finance Manager to join the business in a hands-on role initially but with the expectation to develop to Financial Controller level. The role offers a unique opportunity to be mentored by a proven CFO as part of a long-term succession plan where the team will also grow along with the business. The position will be responsible for the smooth operation of the finance department including all processing functions and month end, you can also expect to be delegated additional duties to support the senior management.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supervision and management of the finance and payroll department
- Primary responsibility for recording of all day to day accounting transactions and preparation of monthly management accounts, together with detailed supporting analysis of trading performance
- Management of weekly and monthly payroll
- Management of overall company cash flows and efficient control of working capital
- Ensuring that the company operates within terms of financing facilities
- Primary responsibility for preparation of regular key performance indicators and management reporting information
- Management of day to day relationship with company’s bankers
- Primary responsibility for timely and accurate completion and submission of all payroll related HMRC returns
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Management of company pension scheme arrangements
- Responsible for credit control and accurate billing of work
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts and management of annual external audit
- Calculation of annual corporation tax liability in conjunction with external professional advisors
- Preparation and updating of company financial budgeting and cash flow forecasting models
- Assisting in presentation of annual financial budgets and monthly financial performance to the operational management team
- Working closely with commercial team and department heads to develop a ‘fit for purpose’ suite of business KPI’s
To be successful in this Finance Manager role you must be tenacious, hard-working and willing to work in a fun yet challenging growth environment. Previous experience of SAGE and good Excel skills will be very important to develop and improve existing systems. Based in a modern office environment this is a fantastic career development opportunity to join a dynamic and passionate team, applicants must ideally be CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified with experience from an expanding SME.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!