Finance Manager, BurnleyJob description:
This fantastic opportunity would suit an ambitious CIMA / ACCA part qualified or qualified accountant looking to take responsibility for the day to day activity of an accounts department under the guidance of an experienced Finance Director. The Finance Manager position offers excellent development potential as the FD is looking to support and train the right candidate to become the Financial Controller in due course thus allowing them to concentrate on strategic growth with the company’s highly entrepreneurial owners. To be successful in this role you must be confident, able to operate in a fast-moving environment and willing to challenge and question current methods in order to find better ways of doing things.
The Finance Manager role will be responsible for:
- Preparation of timely and accurate management accounts
- Trend analysis and reporting on sales and profitability
- Cash and Profit forecasting
- Developing suitable KPI metrics
- Reconciliation of inter-company balances
- Preparation of VAT returns and HMRC liaison
- Design and maintenance of internal controls
- Balance sheet reconciliation, accruals and prepayments.
- Overseeing transactions, processing and banking
- Interfacing with auditors and other external advisors
Strong communication skills will be essential as you will be liaising with people at all levels in the business and you should have a flexible approach to take on board responsibility and additional duties to support business objectives. Although some experience in an Assistant Accountant or Management / Financial Accountant position is necessary my client is looking for someone who can display a willingness to learn and the right attitude rather than an exact match to their requirements. If you are looking for rapid career progression and a challenging new accountancy role then please apply now to this Finance Manager position in Burnley.