Finance Manager, WiganJob description:
This family owned wholesale business supplies a large range of products and has recently developed an e-commerce platform which is growing rapidly. They have an extensive range of stock to supply customers throughout the UK and a reputation for excellent customer service. The business has grown to circa £15m t/o and they would now like to recruit a Finance Manager to provide some leadership to the accounts department, modernise processes and provide financial analysis to support the ambitions of the business. This is a new role that will involve working closely with the MD and operations team and will require someone who can build relationships across the business and liaise credibly with external contacts, customers and suppliers. Duties for this role will be:
- Producing the monthly management accounts and improving their timeliness and accuracy
- Developing budgets and forecasts through collaboration with key stakeholders
- Providing MI and analysis to support decision making
- Stock and sales / margin reporting
- Cash flow and working capital management
- Implementing effective controls in a high volume transaction environment
- Overseeing all purchase/sales ledger and credit control activity
- Year end audit liaison and accounts production
- Payroll, PAYE and HMRC liaison
The Finance Manager will play a key role in the future of this business and they are keen to appoint someone who wants to be part of a team and add some tangible value. The ideal candidate would preferably have experience from a wholesale or retail trading business and the confidence and communication skills to implement and drive change. They have recently invested heavily in their online platform so a willingness to embrace technology and bespoke systems would be advantageous. You will be joining a friendly, ambitious team in a well-established business looking to grow so this is a great opportunity to develop your career and manage your own department.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!