Finance Manager, WiganJob description:
This thriving manufacturing business wants to recruit a Finance Manager to bring this function in-house and make quicker and more accurate decisions to support their expansion.
As this will be a new internal role you will need to have sufficient experience and know-how to implement systems and processes and advise of best practice when it comes to creating the reports and information that the management team need.
This Finance Manager role will ideally suit a candidate that has experience operating in a single person or small team within a private company, and someone who wants to put their own stamp on things and shape the future of this fledgling department.
The Finance Manager will:
- Implement effective processes and systems within the new Finance Department to suit the needs of the business
- Continually drive improvements and efficiency measures across all departments
- Prepare all financial statements and returns for the company
- Work closely with the SMT and present to the board at quarterly meetings
- Carry out monthly reporting, analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Commentate regularly on analysis including making recommendations for cost cutting and increasing profitability
- Conduct balance sheet reconciliations, manage cash and control all transactions
- Work with auditors at year end and at any other time as required, and assist with the annual audit process
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Provide technical accounting advice to different departments and management as requested
- Carry out ad hoc project work on request
Your qualifications, skills & experience:
- You must have a suitable qualification – ACCA/ACA/CIMA and strong technical knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Excel, PowerPoint and Word and knowledge of SAGE
- Able to deliver highly accurate results and adapt to different business requirements
- Strategic thinker with the capability of implementing and adapting systems to improve decision making