Financial Controller, BurnleyJob description:
This division of a global engineering business delivers products and services to blue chip customers across the world. As part of successful network of companies they can provide integrated, value focused solutions backed up by expert technical support to cater for all their client requirements. Currently trading at around £20m t/o this division is financially healthy with a stable, long standing workforce from the local area.
An impending retirement has created a requirement for a Financial Controller to report directly to the site General Manager and off-site CFO. This will be the number one finance role on the site and would suit an individual with at least five years of good experience at Financial Controller / Head of Finance level, preferably gained from an industrial, engineering / manufacturing environment. The key responsibilities of this Financial Controller position will include:
- Managing a finance team responsible for a UK and overseas site.
- Preparing management accounts and reporting packs
- Analysis and reporting of KPI’s and CAPEX
- Periodic reporting to head office
- Sales & financial forecasting (monthly and annual)
- Annual budgeting and long term strategic planning
- Management of monthly cashflow, P&L and balance sheet
- Margin analysis and scenario modelling
- Delivering monthly business performance reviews
- Preparation of statutory accounts and audit liaison
- Supporting ERP system implementation
The Financial Controller will work closely with the GM and other senior managers to provide ad hoc financial information and analysis, preparing and monitoring tactical improvement plans, supporting operational and production initiatives to reduce cost and improve efficiency. You will also be responsible for a range of company secretarial, property and grant funding claims.
The ideal candidate must be CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified, ideally with experience in a senior finance role of a UK division of a global company although this isn’t a pre-requisite. Knowledge of ERP / MRP systems and accounting packages will also be useful along with the ability to implement and improve processes. You will form relationships with senior stakeholders and departmental managers in the UK and overseas so must possess excellent communication skills backed up by strong technical and analytical ability. Please apply now to be considered for this Financial Controller vacancy in Burnley.