Financial Controller, BuryJob description:
This design and manufacturing business is the UK division of a global company supplying market leading products to a range of industries. Current turnover has been growing steadily to £15m and is expected to reach £20m in the next few years which, along with tight reporting deadlines to their overseas parent, has created an increased strain on the finance department.
A new position has therefore been created for a Financial Controller to join the business, reporting into and working closely with the MD, FD and group head office finance. My client is keen to recruit someone for the long term who can really get to know their complex manufacturing operation, interpret the numbers and understand the key drivers of performance. Ultimately this appointment is viewed as the potential successor to the Finance Director so it is imperative that potential applicants feel comfortable discussing strategic and operational challenges from a finance perspective. The key duties associated with this role will be:
- Responsible for managing and developing a finance team of 4
- Maintaining and improving systems, processes and controls
- Preparation of budgets and financial forecasts
- Monthly management accounts
- Analysis of variances with commentary for board pack
- Reviewing plant performance and operational results
- Preparation of reports and analysis for head office
- Management of site overheads, costs and fixed assets
- Capex control, R&D / project spend analysis
- Cashflow and currency management
- Intercompany transactions and reporting on two subsidiaries
- Managing audit, tax and compliance requirements
As site Financial Controller you will be given a degree of freedom and autonomy to develop KPI’s and implement improvements where necessary to modernise and streamline the accounts function. It is envisaged that this role will business partner with budget holders throughout the facility to support decision making, you must therefore possess excellent financial modelling and communication skills. Suitable applicants must be CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified and enjoy working with non-finance managers and a senior team who are passionate about the ongoing growth and success of the site. Manufacturing / Engineering experience at Financial Controller level would be highly desirable for this role along with ERP skills and the confidence to meet deadlines at both a site and Group level. My client is looking for a dynamic individual with credibility and drive to prove themselves worthy of progression. A competitive salary and benefits is on offer with a profit / performance bonus available after a qualifying period.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in financial controller vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!