Financial Controller, ChorleyJob description:
This fantastic opportunity is ideal for an experienced, qualified accountant wanting to play a valuable part in the continued growth of this privately owned manufacturing company. Recent investment in state of the art facilities has attracted considerable new business and positioned my client as a market leader able to design, develop and distribute their products in an efficient and profitable manner. This is therefore a really exciting time to join and the Financial Controller will be expected to be pro-active, working closely with an MD and senior management team introducing more robust accounting systems, developing meaningful reports and making recommendations that drive profitability and reduce cost. In the next financial year they are expecting to double t/o to circa £6m with realistic expectations to become a £10-£15m business over the next few years, potentially even out growing their current facility. This will be a very broad role requiring someone who can multi-task, occasionally touching activities outside of the traditional finance remit, duties will include:
- Producing monthly management accounts and analysis
- Cash and working capital management to allow the business to expand
- Developing forecasts and budgets
- Controlling work in progress, ensuring stock and other resources are available
- Working with department managers to implement budgets and MI
- Developing commercial analysis and KPI’s
- Sales and margin analysis, costing new products
- Providing financial support to new business opportunities
- Currency management and export documentation
- Overseeing sales / purchase ledger and daily transactional activities
- Managing HMRC, payroll, routine HR issues, insurances etc.
- Liaison with external advisors
For the right candidate this position has genuine potential to become a Finance Director level role in the future. Ideal applicants must already have experience of working in an SME at Finance Manager, Company Accountant, Financial Controller level. The rapid growth of this business means that at times you will have to use your own initiative to seek solutions and a positive, tenacious approach will be vital. The business manufactures in high volumes so the ability to work with operational and warehouse staff to improve processes and educate on financial implications will be a key attribute required to add value in this position.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!