Financial Controller, OrmskirkJob description:
This successful family owned business is looking to build a management team for the future that will allow the owner to step away from the day to day operations. A key piece of this exercise is to bring in an ambitious Finance Manager / Financial Controller level candidate who is looking for a longer-term role that could develop into an FD position in the future. The business operates a number of sites, predominantly in the retail and service sector supplying both domestic and business customers throughout the North West region. They have an excellent reputation and have grown steadily to a turnover in excess of £20m following the success of new business ventures. They currently have a finance team of three staff and are supported by a part-time Finance Director who has worked with the board for many years as a trusted adviser. The requirements of the role and plans for the future now warrant a full-time person in the business who can transition into this role and manage the finance function in the future. Key responsibilities will be:
- Producing the monthly management accounts, budgets and forecasts.
- Analysing performance, sales, margins, costs etc.
- Managing and controlling all transactional and month end processes
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Reporting on fixed assets and stock integrity
- Ensuring robust financial systems and processes are in place
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and ensuring funding lines are in place
- Prepare and submit VAT/Tax returns
- Supervise and develop financial department staff
- Contribute to company financial strategy and decision-making process
- Assist with the statutory audit and manage relationship with auditors / accountants
The ideal candidate for this position would be able to modernise and improve working practices whilst also providing financial support to the commercial activities and profitability of the business. Candidates with proven experience at Finance Manager / Controller level will be of interest in addition to people with a solid financial and management accounting pedigree looking to be mentored and developed into a senior role.
CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualification would be preferred but the ability to demonstrate the drive and personality skills to operate in a family run SME are essential and retail experience would be a significant advantage. Strong communication skills will be essential as you will be expected to form relationships across the different sites to drive improved financial awareness. This would be a great opportunity for someone looking to become a key part of a family run business.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!