Financial Controller, PrestonJob description:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced, hands-on Financial Controller to join a profitable, family owned retail / service business. They currently have a turnover in excess of £20m, the ambitious management team is now looking to grow the company and central to this is the need to recruit an excellent Financial Controller to ensure the appropriate strategies, processes and reports are in place.
As Financial controller you will report to the Managing Director and oversee a team of 2 staff. At the moment the business is relying on a combination of out-sourced part-time accountancy support and an in-house transaction processing function. There is therefore plenty of scope for someone to shape the accountancy department and develop better quality MI to drive performance and decision making.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Develop KPIs and design monthly reports
- Produce budgets and forecasts
- Sales and profitability analysis
- Monitoring performance and variances
- Manage working capital and control cashflow
- Management & financial control of assets
- Liaise with external finance companies and bank
- Preparation of year end accounts and audit liaison
- VAT, Taxation, Payroll / PAYE, Insurances etc.
This Financial Controller position will manage and develop a small finance team to control and record a high volume of transactions. You will also work closely with senior management and sales staff and should be comfortable explaining financial concepts to colleagues at all levels. A key part of this role will be implementing system efficiencies and improvements in accounting practices to drive business growth
The ideal candidate for the role would be an ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified accountant although applications will be considered from QBE candidates. The role requires the ability to drive change and would suit someone who has worked in a growing SME, preferably from the retail sector.