Financial Controller, PrestonJob description:
My client is a dynamic service business looking to grow through acquisition in a buoyant sector. They are seeking to pursue a buy and build strategy and create a group of businesses providing an end to end service to customers. The board have taken the decision to free up the CFO with the recruitment of a Senior Finance Manager to have full responsibility for the finance department. This will be an all-encompassing Financial Controller level role for a circa £50m turnover operation requiring the ability to liaise confidently with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of accurate and timely information to commercial, operational and financial areas of the business.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified accountant with experience of working in a complex organisation with low value, high volume transactions and the ability to understand what drives profitability in a data rich processing environment. Strong IT skills, preferably knowledge of Navision and also a highly commercial outlook will also be useful. Key responsibilities for this Financial Controller role will include:
- Ownership of the month end management and commercial reporting timetable
- Production of annual accounts, compliance with reporting standards
- Analyse and prepare commentary on results, monitoring and analysis of KPI’s
- Lead financial modelling, forecasting, budgeting processes
- Monitor and prepare WIP calculations, controlling cash flow performance and all transactional activity
- Drive financial awareness throughout the business to support strategic objectives
- Assist with major projects such as due diligence, investment appraisal and system enhancement
- Deputising for the CFO
Previous experience of managing medium / large finance teams, implementing systems and processes and becoming a trusted business partner to non-financial managers will be very important in this role. Knowledge of the challenges associated with a call centre environment, revenue billing and debt collection in a volume driven business would be very attractive. This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident Finance Manager / Financial Controller level candidate to take ownership of a department and really make an impact. Please apply now to be considered for this qualified accountant vacancy in Preston.
If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!