Financial Controller, SkelmersdaleJob description:
This privately owned manufacturing and distribution company supplies products predominantly in the UK and has a steadily growing export market. Founded over 30 years ago by an industry specialist who is still active in the business they have an excellent reputation for innovation and customer service, viewed by many as the go to supplier in their sector. The business is currently led by a passionate MD (who has developed into this role having started on the shop floor) and a senior team who have driven organic growth and made a number of complementary acquisitions to enable the group to reach a turnover of £20m.
The board now feel the time is right to recruit an experienced Financial Controller / Head of Finance to ensure effective financial management, develop meaningful reporting on performance and provide leadership to a small finance team. This position will report directly into the MD and will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Monitoring performance and variances producing month end variance analysis;
- Preparation of the monthly Financial Performance presentation to the Board;
- Produce budgets;
- Implement rolling forecasts and weekly flash reporting;
- Develop KPIs and improve monthly reports, working with the IT Director to develop automated reporting packs and dashboards;
- Review and improve internal financial process and procedures;
- Develop financial systems to provide meaningful reporting on sales, profitability and stock integrity;
- Balance sheet control account reconciliations;
- Manage working capital and control cash flow;
- Management and financial control of assets;
- Assess new product proposals and business cases jointly with the Managing Director;
- Liaise and manage external relationships with the auditors, bank and insurers;
- Preparation of year end accounts, audit liaison, VAT, Taxation and Insurances;
- Line management of a small finance team responsible for Credit Control, Accounts Payable and Payroll
A key part of this role will be coaching and developing the finance team, providing structure to job roles and ensuring financial information flows through the business in a meaningful manner. Someone who is able to identify and implement system efficiencies and improvements to drive business growth and shareholder value, previous use of Dynamics NAV would be desirable albeit not essential. The board are keen to bring the finance department into the heart of the business and want to recruit a Financial Controller who can produce MI to advise and assist with decision making. The ability to credibility present this information to senior sales and operational managers is essential along with the confidence to challenge opinion and make recommendations to the leadership team. Suitable applicants must have experience of working in a growing SME, preferably within the manufacturing sector and possess the personal gravitas to drive change and make commercial decisions that will benefit the business.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!