Financial Controller, WiganJob description:
Reporting directly into the CEO this role offers a fantastic opportunity to lead the finance function for a diverse retail, leisure and hospitality business. As part of the senior team on site you will contribute to strategic direction and achievement of objectives, attending and presenting at board meetings, ensuring financial plans and resources are in place to drive performance and continuous improvement. Candidates must be CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified and able to demonstrate prior experience of managing a finance department ideally in a business with diverse revenue streams and complex funding arrangements. Key duties with this role will include:
- Responsibility for all financial planning and reporting of commercial activities
- Lead funding initiatives to enable business development
- Develop internal accounting systems and ensure compliant reporting
- Preparation of budgets, reporting variance to the board
- Forecasting income and expenditure, producing reports by activity / cost centre / department
- Providing financial analysis and support to department managers
- Ensuring procurement and tending processes provide best value
- Managing and developing a finance team, ensuring integrity of transactional activity
- Overseeing fixed asset register
- Preparing cash flows and monitoring funding requirements
- Preparation of statutory accounts and taxation
- Liaison with all external bodies; auditors, government departments, HMRC etc.
- Responsible for pension and insurance arrangements
Suitable candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence effectively at all levels. As head of finance must also have commercial acumen, the ability assess situations and solve problems in a fast moving environment. You will be based in a pleasant working environment on the outskirts of Wigan within a business operating in an attractive and dynamic sector. You will be expected to contribute to decision making and this role will suit an experienced Finance Manager or Financial Controller looking to have more involvement in the day to day running of a successful and ambitious operation.
Please apply now to be considered for this Financial Controller job in Wigan. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!