Financial Controller, WiganJob description:
This is an interim contract likely to be 3-6 months to cover a transition period and handover to a new Financial Controller. Candidates must be CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified and able to demonstrate prior experience of managing a finance department. Key duties with this role will include:
- Responsibility for all financial planning and reporting of commercial activities
- Maintain funding initiatives to enable business development
- Develop internal accounting systems and ensure compliant reporting
- Preparation of budgets, reporting variance to the board
- Forecasting income and expenditure, producing reports by activity / cost centre / department
- Providing financial analysis and support to department managers
- Ensuring procurement and tending processes provide best value
- Managing and developing a finance team, ensuring integrity of transactional activity
- Overseeing fixed asset register
- Preparing cash flows and monitoring funding requirements
- Preparation of statutory accounts and taxation
- Liaison with all external bodies; auditors, government departments, HMRC etc.
- Responsible for pension and insurance arrangements
Suitable candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise effectively at all levels. The Head of Finance must also have commercial acumen, the ability assess situations and solve problems in a fast moving environment. You will be expected to contribute to decision making and this role will suit an experienced Finance Manager or Financial Controller looking to have more involvement in the day to day running of a successful and ambitious operation. Candidates must be able to start at short notice, salary will be equivalent to 45-50k per annum.