Financial Operations Accountant, BlackburnJob description:
This successful global business has a number of divisions spread across the UK, well established in their sector they have a reputation for designing and developing cutting edge products and solutions for their varied customer base. Recognised as a market leader they are currently experiencing steady growth and are looking to strengthen their team with the addition of a Financial Operations Accountant to support and deputise for the UK Head of Finance.
The main focus of this position will be to ensure the finance department meets all reporting requirements whilst also providing a value added service to the rest of the business. A key part of this role will be liaising closely with stakeholders in the UK and a European central finance team, ensuring key deadlines are adhered to whilst also providing financial support to operational projects and improvement processes across various sites. The main duties of this role will be:
- Group reporting to a corporate timetable
- Managing the month end close utilising various systems
- Reporting results and follow up with operational actions
- Liaising with other departments to analyse results, margins and costs
- Support budgeting and financial planning
- Provide ad hoc reporting and monthly flash reports to other divisions / sites
- Assist with local statutory reporting, taxation and compliance
A key component of this role will be the continuous development and improvement of systems and reporting processes, business partnering with operational staff and key stakeholders to support decision making and raise financial awareness. This will involve building strong and credible relationships between different departments and sites, excellent communication and reporting skills are therefore essential. The ideal candidate for this role will be commercial thinking CIMA/ACCA or ACA qualified accountant with a positive attitude and the drive to get things done in a complex global business.