Website AFR Consulting
This fantastic role would suit a recently ACA / ACCA qualified Accountant ideally trained in practice looking to gain broad exposure of a groups finances in a fast growing, private equity backed business.
Working as part of a high quality finance function, you will be joining a great team of motivated individuals with whom you will collaborate on projects whilst also being responsible for the statutory reporting and technical support for the group and its subsidiaries. The role will offer plenty of commercial exposure and there will also be scope to assist with potential acquisitions and integration. Key responsibilities for the position will be:
- Preparation of the statutory accounts for the Group and subsidiaries
- Lead contact for the external audit, ensuring compliance and availability of information
- Assist with tax compliance and submissions: VAT, PAYE, P11d, Corp Tax etc.
- Support the Group FC improving controls, developing processes and reporting
- Assisting with finance restructuring, including acquisitions and fair value accounting
- Providing technical support, mentoring and developing junior staff
- Ensuring compliance with accounting standards and group accounting policy
- Assisting with treasury duties, reviewing expenses and payments
A key focus of the role will be to develop management information and improve reporting efficiency so you will be working closely with the IT department to make systems enhancements, supporting the ongoing development of the finance function and visibility across the different divisions. Strong technical ability will be important, particularly around financial controls and accounting standards, experience of preparing accounts for groups would also be highly desirable. The ideal candidate would have excellent Excel skills along with the ability to communicate both written and verbally across all levels in an organisation.
You will be based in a modern working environment and will enjoy a range of attractive benefits including the opportunity top work from home after probationary period.