Website AFR Consulting
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious finance professional looking for a role to develop their skills and experience with mentoring by an experienced Finance Director. For the right candidate there is real scope for progression into a Financial Controller / FD position here in the future.
Our client is an agile manufacturing and distribution business offering an in-house design and branding service, collaborating with their customers to help them develop exciting new product ranges. Operating as part of a small finance team the Group Management Accountant will have opportunities to develop themselves and influence decision making within the organisation. Their main duties will be:
- Responsible for preparing the monthly management accounts for two main trading businesses and holding/group companies.
- Work closely with the Group FD to prepare and develop the board pack to create accountability and visibility for departmental heads and aid with decision making.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly forecasts and the annual budget.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist the Group FD with the annual audit and statutory accounts.
- Prepare weekly sales report with bridge to forecast/budget.
- Posting month end journals such as accruals, prepayments and inter-company recharges.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns.
- Develop and improve the accounts process.
- Develop and then take ownership of product costings.
- Preparation of 13 week rolling cashflow statements for review.
- Develop customer and product profitability reports.
- Provide support and backup for payroll and sales/purchase ledger as required.
- Provide assistance to other department heads.
The preferred profile for this role would be a fully qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA accountant although applications will also be considered from strong finalists. The position would also suit someone looking to move out of accountancy practice, particularly if they had experience of preparing management accounts for clients. Knowledge of manufacturing and/or E Commerce would also be advantageous.
This company is a big advocate of continuous improvement and helping staff fulfil their potential. You will benefit from a bespoke individual training plan with regular appraisals derived from a mutually agreed training needs analysis.