Head of Finance (FD Designate), LancashireJob description:
This very successful, family run business has grown steadily to circa £25m t/o, they have an excellent reputation amongst their customers, a loyal work force and a wealth of in-house knowledge that enables them to continually outshine their competition. Operating within the construction and civil engineering sector they undertake a wide range of projects as both main and subcontractor for a well-established client base.
A planned retirement has prompted the need to introduce a new Head of Finance to the business, the role will sit on the senior management team and is expected to lead to a Finance Director position in the future. This is the main finance position in the business and you will report into the shareholders and the board, becoming a key part of the business and thus allowing the original founders to step back over time. The ideal candidate for this position must be an ambitious fully qualified accountant with proven experience as a Head of Finance or Senior Financial Controller preferably gained from a construction related sector. Key responsibilities for this position will include:
- Ensuring the finance department enables the business to meet strategic objectives
- Analysis and challenge of monthly results to drive the business forward
- Developing KPI’s, clear reporting and action plans
- Close liaison with commercial and operational teams to ensure project / contract profitability
- Management and reporting on working capital / WIP / maintaining cashflow
- Developing robust budgets and forecasts, enabling a culture of constructive challenge
- Identifying risks to the business and driving cost saving initiatives
- Overseeing monthly management accounts and board reporting
- Responsible for year-end accounts preparation and co-ordinating the annual audit
The Head of Finance will lead and motivate a small finance team of four staff to ensure all payroll, transactional activity and HMRC requirements are met and that the finance department provides a well-controlled and accurate service to the business. You will also be expected to work with the firm’s external accountants who will be providing close support during this process to ensure a smooth transition over from the retiring Finance Director. The ideal candidate for this role would bring drive and energy to the role together with the ability improve and modernise the finance function. This is an excellent opportunity to join a financially stable, well managed family business and support them on the next chapter of their company’s development.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!