Head of Finance, PrestonJob description:
About the company
This market leading manufacturing business is looking for an exceptional Head of Finance to work with the senior management team in achieving their ambitious growth plan to reach £50m t/o. With the financial backing of their parent company already in place, strong order book and efficient production, product development and distribution facilities yet to reach full capacity this is a really exciting time to join a business full of potential.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Finance / Senior Financial Controller who can manage the finance department, work closely with the general manager to drive performance and take ownership of the group reporting. The business manufactures in high volumes with a strong bias towards R&D to deliver innovative new products so this is a fast moving, complex environment requiring an agile finance department able to meet changing demands. This is therefore a great opportunity to be part of the senior management team executing the business strategy and developing an existing finance function.
The Head of Finance will have the following responsibilities:
- Financial reporting at both a site and group level
- Developing budgets and forecasts
- Cashflow and management of working capital
- Manage banking, treasury and foreign currency transactions
- Controlling costs and overheads
- Meeting department managers to discuss actual performance vs budget
- Designing, developing and improving financial controls
- Preparing statutory accounts, managing the audit and liaising with advisers
- Responsible for payroll, pensions, company insurances etc.
- Supporting new ERP system implementation and deal with IT issues
The Head of Finance will have a broad and very hands on role, developing and motivating a small finance team and ensuring their output is compliant with group policies and meets the expectations of wide variety of stakeholders. Confidence will be a key factor as you must be able to challenge back to senior management, manage projects and present credibly at all levels. The Head of Finance / Financial Controller suitable for this role must be able to cope with the challenges associated with a growing business and possess the following qualities:
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified, ideally with manufacturing and product distribution experience.
- ERP implementation experience and a high level of comfort using different IT systems
- Experience of reporting within an international group
- Leading and motivating a finance department through a period of change.
If you are looking for a new position as a Head of Finance or senior Financial Controller with a successful, growing business and would relish the chance to earn an attractive and achievable performance based bonus then please do not hesitate to apply.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!