Management Accountant, ChorleyJob description:
This business is a large employer in the region and provides contracted services to both public and private sector organisations. They are one of the most profitable divisions of a wider group of companies and as such enjoy substantial investment to support further growth. This is therefore an exciting time to join and enjoy the career progression benefits a growing business can offer. An opportunity has now arisen for a Management Accountant to join on a fixed term contract basis and assist in all aspects of a busy finance function. The key duties will be:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts with supporting analysis
- Calculation and posting of journals
- Accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet review and reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly cashflow forecasts
- Updating monthly contract projections
- Assisting with the preparation of year end accounts and audit support
- Processing and reconciling monthly intercompany transactions
- Preparing ad hoc reports and developing financial systems
A large part of this role will involve liaising with contract managers and directors to report on and discuss performance and resolve day to day issues. Excellent communication skills are therefore essential along with a confident and professional approach and the ability to meet routine reporting deadlines whilst managing project work. This position is initially offered for a period of 9 months but could result in a permanent appointment for the right candidate.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!