Management Accountant, WiganJob description:
This successful design and manufacturing business is recognised as a market leader, offering full service solutions to their customers and excellent aftercare for the equipment and products they provide. Recent growth has prompted the requirement for a Management Accountant to provide support to the Financial Controller and the rest of the senior team. Applicants must therefore be bright and tenacious, able to resolve problems and suggest improvements to drive efficiency and add value within the department. The right attitude is therefore just as important as having relevant experience. The main activities for this role will be:
- Maintenance of registers for fixed assets, leases etc…
- Cash posting and Bank reconciliations
- Other month end procedures as required to enable the timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts
- Variance analysis of monthly profit and loss statements prior to finalisation
- Liaison with operational teams to provide meaningful analysis of their numbers
- Assistance with year end statutory audit and tax work
- Assisting the work of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams as and when required
- Completion of VAT returns
- Reviewing and processing employee expense claims
As part of this role you will be expected to proactively work with colleagues across a range of functions to ensure finance delivers the highest level of customer service on a consistent basis. The ideal candidate could be ACCA / CIMA part qualified or QBE, to some degree the role can be tailored to the right individual so applications will also be considered from candidates with 2-3 years of experience in an accounting role if they have the right academic pedigree and personality. This will be a great role for someone to join a stable team and get some development in a prosperous business.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!