Website AFR Consulting
This highly regarded design and manufacturing company supplies branded products to distributers across the globe via their operations in the UK, Europe and USA. Established over 100 years ago they remain family owned and committed to their values of innovation and integrity, looking after their employees and customers in equal measure. A recent retirement has created an opportunity to restructure the finance department in the UK to create a new role of Plant Accountant to form a key part of the site management team. Supervising the local finance department and reporting into the EMEA Controller the incumbent will lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial information and analysis.
The role will involve regular liaison with colleagues at different sites and provides a genuine opportunity for professional and personal growth as the business has ambitious expansion forecasted for the future. The UK operation has circa £8m turnover and will play a vital part in this, with significant inward investment planned for the future. The Plant Accountant for the UK will therefore have a varied and exciting role encompassing the following duties:
- Producing the monthly management accounts
- Perform monthly financial close with accurate reconciliations
- Produce monthly reports and KPI data required for parent company
- Managing the year end and providing information to auditors
- Assist in preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual plan
- Maintain costing system for manufactured & brought in goods
- Update product costs, investigating variance of standard to actual cost
- Recommending actions to improve margin and efficiency
- Ensure accuracy of stock value and cost of goods sold
- Overseeing AP,AR & payroll staff
- Support the local management team with ad hoc requests
The ideal candidate for this role would have previous experience of a management accountant role in a manufacturing / supply chain environment. Good IT skills will also be necessary, particularly with Excel and ERP systems, the group is also looking to introduce a Business Intelligence tool in the near future that you will gain exposure to.
The role is based in their modern office environment which has a relaxed and friendly culture. They operate a hybrid working policy, three days in the office and two from home. You will also benefit from an attractive range of benefits including a career development plan and bonus scheme linked to company and personal performance metrics.