Senior Management Accountant, LancasterJob description:
This well-known division of a global business is looking to bring in a senior management accountant to enhance their finance team after a period of organisational change.
Following this restructure, the business needs more support from an accountancy perspective as quickly as possible and therefore this role would suit someone with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management accountant role or similar who can hit the ground running.
You will be joining a team known for their work ethic, diligence and willingness to succeed and will report directly to the financial controller for the region.
Given the scale of the business and as a result of the recent restructure, opportunities for progression will be available very quickly if you fit well into the culture.
This is the ideal next step in your career in finance if you’ve spent the last few years learning your craft since achieving your qualifications and will position you well for a Finance Manager role in the future.
The senior management accountant will be involved with:
- Managing the monthly reporting process and assisting with the preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Reviewing and analysing key variances and reporting on recommended actions
- Management and improvement of systems and processes and continually striving to improve the way tasks are carried out
- Completing ad hoc reports as they are requested by senior management
- Creating accurate budgets and forecasts based on knowledge of the business and in line with ongoing strategies
- Identifying areas where profit could be increased through growing revenues or cutting costs
- Keeping all relevant internal and external stakeholders up to date to make sure business performance is in line with KPIs
- Reporting on and managing cashflow, sticking to cash principles and making sure working capital and cashflow remain at target levels
- Support the ongoing development of the Finance Team including training junior members of the team
The senior management accountant must possess:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualification
- Financial reporting and management accounting experience of at least 2 years
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Experience and expertise in SAP highly desirable
- Experience in stakeholder management, preferably in a large company environment
- Ability to work in a team and the personality to train part qualified accountants
If this sounds like the role for you and you have the relevant experience and skills, apply today.
If you’re at the newly qualified stage of your career and not quite ready for a senior role, we have other finance vacancies available so please get in touch.