UK Financial Controller (12 month contract), RossendaleJob description:
My client is the UK division of a global company supplying products and services to other specialist manufacturers. They currently have an immediate requirement for an experienced Financial Controller to fulfil a 12 month contract and replace the UK Finance Director who is being seconded onto a global project. The position will be responsible for all day to day accounting activities for a circa £10m t/o production site, management of a small team of experienced staff and periodic reporting into group. The ideal candidate would preferably be CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified with at least five years experience of a financial leadership role in a multi-site manufacturing organisation. The key responsibilities for this position will include:
- Accurate maintenance of the company’s accounting records ensuring a robust controls environment
- Support the FD in ensuring timely collection of accounts receivable, payment of vendors and payment of employees
- Reporting financial performance of the company to site management and group
- Development and maintenance of accurate costing to support management decision making.
- Produce and manage the site KPI data and reports
- Actively participate and manage the budgetary process
- Prepare tax reporting and liaise with accounts on tax return submissions.
- Provide or oversee the provision of the daily cash position.
- Support the Executive Management team in developing and implementing the organization’s strategic plans.
The UK Financial Controller will form part of a team that proactively develops and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve, and document accounting issues, in addition to creating processes to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and relevant. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment where R&D plays a key role in the production process would be a significant benefit. Candidates would ideally have experience with ERP systems and must also be comfortable working with large amounts of data, able to review and analyse numbers and trends to support decision making. Based at a friendly and established site this role will involve interacting with people at all levels within the organization and at multiple locations so excellent communication and presentation skills will be important. This group of companies is going through a dynamic period of change so success in this role could lead to future opportunities.