Below is a typical job description for a Management Accountant which we hope you find useful. If you need any assistance with recruiting a Management Accountant in Lancashire or North Manchester we would love to hear from you.
A Management Accountant plays a vital role in a finance team, analysing and reporting information that can help a business reduce cost and drive profitability.
- Produce monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries
- Cash flow forecasting and reporting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting
- Provide management reporting and analysis to support decision making
- Calculation, presentation and payment of VAT
- Manage CAPEX and scenario modelling
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Carry out continuous reviews of processes and encourage efficiency
- Detailed cost control and analysis.
Typical qualities of a successful Management Accountant include:
- Ability to analyse financial information
- Recommend strategies to improve profitability and business performance
- Strong communication and IT skills
- Part or fully qualified CIMA /ACCA