Tax Manager job description
The Tax Manager is responsible for the Company’s tax compliance, tax planning, accounting for income taxes and preparation of tax returns.
A good Tax Manager will always be abreast of emerging tax laws as well as optimum tax planning and saving provisions.
For a Tax Manager the aim of the role is to comply with all necessary tax legislation but make any savings that minimize tax bills for business and individuals where possible.
Tax Managers compile all required government documents concerning taxes and offer solutions to pressing tax problems and are the point of contact for dealing with HMRC.
Tax Manager role, duties and responsibilities
A Tax Manager will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Deliver timely, accurate and reliable data to Corporate tax function
- Enable accurate and timely forecasting of the group tax rate and acceleration of tax reporting close
- Compile and present quarterly reporting
- Documentation and quantification of uncertain tax positions under FIN 48
- Review of tax provisions
- Advising on bespoke tax planning
- Implementation of tax planning arrangements
- Succession Planning
- Remuneration packages
- Liaising with third party professionals including solicitors, other accountant, tax advisers and independent financial advisers
Typical qualities of a successful Tax Manager include:
- Familiar with working within a corporate, commercial environment
- The ability to work well under pressure and deliver results
- Working knowledge of SAP and Hyperion to enable data extract and reconciliation
- Exposure to CorpTax or similar software desirable
- Experience of GAAP highly desirable