Tax Senior job description
The Tax Senior will work on a businesses’s tax compliance, tax planning, income taxes and preparation of tax returns.
A Tax Senior will have to monitor and learn about emerging tax laws as well as tax planning and saving provisions.
For a Tax Senior working on tax reporting will involve complying with all necessary tax legislation and identifying any savings that minimize tax bills.
Tax Seniors compile all required government documents concerning taxes and offer solutions to pressing tax problems and are the point of contact for dealing with HMRC.
Tax Senior role, duties and responsibilities
A Tax Senior will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Compile and present quarterly reporting
- Enable accurate and timely forecasting of the group tax rate and acceleration of tax reporting close
- Review of tax provisions
- Advising on bespoke tax planning
- Succession Planning
- Remuneration packages
- Liaising with third party professionals including solicitors, other accountant, tax advisers and independent financial advisers
Typical qualities of a successful Tax Senior include:
- The ability to work well under pressure and deliver results
- Experience of GAAP highly desirable
- Working knowledge of SAP and Hyperion to enable data extract and reconciliation
- Exposure to CorpTax or similar software desirable