Financial Controller, BoltonJob description:
This highly successful business has experienced consistent growth over recent years, driven by a visionary entrepreneur and significant online demand for its attractive and contemporary product range. They would now like to recruit an experienced Financial Controller to oversee all accounting and financial operations and report directly into the MD. Managing a small team you will be responsible for producing, reporting and analysing all financial results, participating in decision making at the highest level and playing a key part in driving further growth. As they are a dynamic retail SME this will be a broad and very hands on role requiring a sound understanding of business and commercial matters, together with a positive approach and determination to make an impact. The ideal candidate for this Financial Controller role will be CIMA / ACA / ACCA qualified and will undertake the following duties:
- Responsible for producing monthly management accounts and KPI reports
- Overseeing the month end close ensuring all transactions records accurately
- Producing budgets, forecasts and cashflows
- Proactively seeking commercial and cost reduction opportunities
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Treasury and foreign currency management
- Preparing financial models to support company growth
- Monitoring stock and providing gross margin analysis.
- Managing the audit process and year end accounts
- Responsible for tax, Vat and HMRC matters
The Financial Controller will be fully immersed in the business and the role will involve close liaison with product design, purchasing, sales and marketing to drive out cost and improve efficiency. You will manage and develop a small team of finance staff to ensure the accounts team add value to the business and proactively support other departments to achieve their objectives. My client would ideally like to recruit someone with good stock experience in terms of importing from the Far East and experience of selling into retail or B2C would be ideal. This would be a fantastic “number 1” role for someone looking to take ownership of their own department and be part of a highly motivated senior management team.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!