Financial Controller, RossendaleJob description:
This fantastic opportunity is with a global business leading the market in the design and manufacture of specialist products. Headquartered in Europe and highly profitable they remain under family ownership and possess a happy and loyal workforce. An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to join their £25m t/o site in East Lancashire to replace the Finance Director who is relocating later this year for personal reasons. The role will therefore be the lead finance person on site, involving a close relationship with the MD and senior management team with genuine potential to become the FD in due course. There will be a comfortable handover period and you will be supported by a long standing finance team of 5 people. This will be a broad role responsible for financial control and reporting at both site and group level. Duties will include:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts and presenting to the board.
- Managing cash flow, banking and treasury
- Supervising AP & AR and foreign currency hedging
- Preparing annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Financial analysis for internal managers
- Managing the group reporting process
- Investment, cost Centre and project performance analysis
- Analysis of production processes and profitability
- KPI reporting, identifying and implementing improvements
- Preparation of statutory accounts and managing annual audit
- Processing monthly payroll, P11d’s, VAT and taxation
- Pensions and insurance
The ideal candidate for this role would be a CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified Accountant on an upward career curve looking for a new challenge in a growing and profitable business. Decisions are made quickly so you must be an agile thinker who is able to multi task, responding to the demands of the business and an entrepreneurial MD. Previous experience as a Finance Manager / Financial Controller is essential for this role, preferably from a manufacturing environment ideally with a group or international element. You will be working in a modern, friendly environment and will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits. Please apply now to be considered for this Financial Controller vacancy in the Blackburn / Burnley area. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!