Financial Controller (UK), SkiptonJob description:
This design and manufacturing business is the UK division of a global company supplying market leading products to a range of blue chip customers. Current turnover is in excess of £25m and they are embarking on a phase of planned growth across Europe, exploring new markets for their highly engineered products and exploiting the capability of investment into new production technologies. Following a recent promotion an opportunity currently exists for a talented Financial Controller to join the business at this exciting time. The role will be responsible for the finance department and will report into and work closely with the site Managing Director with a dotted line to Group CFO. The position can offer excellent career progression to the right candidate and they are keen to attract someone who has the capability to be Finance Director in the future. Working as part of the site senior management team the role will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of the site annual budget and financial forecasts
- Monthly management accounts and reporting to overseas group
- Analysis of variances with commentary for board pack
- Reporting on plant performance and operational results
- Driving planning and control procedures to improve delivery of financial information
- Monitoring pricing, margins and all commercial activity
- Product costing and management of site overheads and fixed assets
- Cash management and forecasting
- CAPEX control and project spend analysis
- Currency management, hedging / forward contracts
- Managing and developing a team of 4 staff
As site Financial Controller you will be given a degree of freedom and autonomy to develop your own KPI’s and implement improvements where necessary to modernise and stream line the accounts function. It is envisaged that this role will business partner with budget holders throughout the facility to support decision making, you must therefore possess excellent financial modelling and communication skills. Suitable applicants must be CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified and enjoy working with non-finance managers and a senior team who are passionate about the ongoing growth and success of the site. Manufacturing / Engineering experience at Financial Controller level would be highly desirable for this role along with ERP skills and the confidence to meet deadlines at both a site and Group level. My client is looking for a dynamic individual with the sparkle to re-connect finance to the rest of the business and the drive to prove themselves worthy of progression. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and the support to develop at a cash rich and well regarded business.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!