Management Accountant, St HelensJob description:
This small manufacturing business is seeking to appoint their first Management Accountant / Financial Controller on the back of a significant investment that will see them become part of one of the UK’s largest distribution networks. They have a robust business plan that will enable the company grow dramatically to circa £10m t/o over the next five years so this is a great opportunity for someone to come in and build a department from scratch.
Reporting directly into the business owners / investors they are looking for someone who is excited about growth and building a business, who can step outside of their comfort zone. Engaging with the operational, sales, marketing and HR side of the business in strategic and tactical decision making whilst also building a fantastic culture and fun work place for everyone. The role will encompass full responsibility for all the financial management and reporting, duties will include:
- Selection and implementation of accounting software into the business, setting up nominals etc.
- Efficient control and management of all financial reporting and transactional activities
- Producing and presenting a financial board back, including management accounts and reports
- Producing and maintaining cashflow forecasts both annual and 13 weeks
- Financial planning for ad hoc projects
- Running Payroll, dealing with tax and VAT matters
- Monitoring stock, fixed assets and overheads
- Managing cash and negotiation with suppliers to improve working capital
- Liaising with the bank and external accountants at year end
My client is looking for someone who is seeking to be part of a driven team on an exciting journey, there will be challenges and you must be able to operate in a growth environment where there will be targets and rewards linked with EBITDA. The ideal candidate must have solid management / financial accounting experience from a dynamic environment and possess the confidence and tenacity to develop and lead a finance department in a rapidly growing business.
Please apply now to be considered for Management Accountant / Financial Controller vacancy in St.Helens / Wigan area. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!